Just received a testimonial from a woman who got stung by a hornet, but the stinger got stuck in her gloves, not her finger. She was so lucky! Her note follows below.
As Summer heats up and insect populations soar, please be vigilant about checking for nests in trees and shrubs, near houses, and in the ground. Keep your eyes open for movements of multiple insects flying to and fro, often a sure sign of nest building and growing populations.
“Foxgloves helped me avert a trip to the ER!
I was pruning this week when I got stung in my left index finger by what I believe must have been a hornet based on how much the initial sting hurt. Brought me to my knees. I immediately threw my pruners down and tore off my Foxglove. I expected to see the stinger in my finger, but not there. Ran to the house and put ice then baking soda on it. Miraculously, very small amount of swelling and no pain! When I looked at the glove, there was the stinger, stuck right where it got me, still in the finger of the glove! Saved me from using and Epi Pen and a dreaded trip to the ER. Thanks so much for a great garden glove.”